Hello Pet Lovers!
Please read the bullet points below on how our adoption process has changed during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Adopting a pet at the APF is a simple process. First, review available pets on our website: Available cats. Available dogs. Next call or email the APF at 518-374-3944 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff will call you back within 24-regular business hours to discuss your pet needs and help make a match.
- Together, we’ll arrange an appointment for you to do a virtual showing with that pet. (We have used Teams and Zoom apps for the showings, the staff will discuss which format will work best for you.)
- Available pets will be set up for virtual showings. For dogs only, an appointment will be set up for a meet and greet outside of the building. Staff will provide you with the details when scheduling the appointment.
- After the virtual showing, payment will be processed – credit card preferred – for the adoptions and an appointment to pick up your pet will be made.
- Currently we are doing curbside pick-up for your new pet. Staff will give you the details at the time of scheduling.
- When you arrive to pick up pet, you will sign final adoption paperwork. Staff will bring out the pet to you.
- We ask that you have a face mask on when you come to pick up your new pet.
- All dog adoptions will include a collar and leash provided by the APF for an additional cost of $17. The collar you will receive is a Martingale that we use for training.
Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to helping you find the pet that fits perfectly into your family.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Our dedicated staff and volunteers will help you find the perfect match!
A few things to know:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to adopt without a parent or guardian.
- Bring a form of identification with current address, such as a driver’s license.
- Pets are an important part of the family, so if at all possible, all family members should be part of the process. If you are looking to add an additional dog, we ask you to bring your dog to the shelter to meet the new canine companion. This may require a second visit and we encourage you to schedule a time for a dog-to-dog meeting.
- Complete the adoption process by reviewing and signing the adoption agreement, which details the care you will need to provide for your new pet.
- You will receive important medical and training information about your new pet. You are always welcome and encouraged to contact us at any time should you have any questions.
What if I don’t find the right pet for me?
It can take some time to find the right pet for you. It is a very personal choice. Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for companion animals as they become available. We update these pages on a regular basis.
You can also search online for pets available at other area organizations at Petfinder.
Good luck in your search!