Therapy Dog International
Friday, June 18 @ 7:00 pm - 7:45 pm$115
Dates: June 18, 2021 – August 6, 2021 (no class 7/9/21)
Day of The Week: Fridays
Duration: 6 weeks, test given on week 7 (Week 1- Class is at 6:30pm and no dogs)
Time: 7:00 pm – 7:45pm
Location: Animal Protective Foundation, 53 Maple Ave Glenville 12302
Instructor: Cyd Cross
Description: This course will prepare you and your dog for Therapy Dog International certification. The test is administered by a certified TDI evaluator. Therapy dogs visit nursing homes, schools, hospice centers and more to provide comfort to people in need.
Price: $115 plus $10 test fee which is due on test night.
Requirements: Open to all altered dogs. Canine Good Citizen certification is recommended.
- Proof of rabies and distemper vaccinations are required.
- Bordetella (for kennel cough) is highly recommended, but is not a requirement.
- Flea and tick prevention is recommended but is not required
Your veterinarian may fax records to Attn: Canine Academy (518) 982-5246.
Learn more about the Therapy Dog International Program
Please review our COVID-19 guidelines before registering for class. If you have any questions, please contact the Canine Academy firstname.lastname@example.org
To help ensure the health and well-being of all of our instructors, clients and dogs, we have implemented the following guidelines:
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- If you have had contact with someone who is sick or has been diagnosed with COVID19, do not come to class until you have completed quarantine and are virus-free.
- Only ONE person is allowed per dog. Additional family member will not be allowed in the training area at this time to ensure proper social distancing in our space.
- When you come for class, please bring all of your own equipment (water dish, towel/mat, leash, harness, treats, etc.). The instructor is unable to provide additional supplies.
- Masks are required.