- Category: Get Involved
Do you care about homeless pets and want to make a difference for them? We can use your help!
We are currently seeking volunteers in these areas:
- Kitten season is coming and we are seeking foster parents. We will provide training and supplies and match you with the pet or pets that are right for you.
- Morning and evening help with cleaning and adoption is needed at our PetSmart Cat Adoption Center on Balltown Road in Niskayuna.
- Our dog walking program is dedicated to getting our dogs out of their kennels as often as possible. Just giving the dogs time to play or to do their own thing in our education room is also valuable. This also involves bringing dogs to offsite adoption events.
- We do laundry non-stop throughout the day. We have a new laundry room and machines. Bring a book and relax!
- We hold special events and fundraisers throughout the year and are always looking for friendly folks to help. We are also seeking people who are willing to approach businesses for monetary or in-kind donations.
- Our Feline Friends help with cleaning, socializing and adopting out our cats. You decide which roles best suits you. We have many shifts available.
- We have lots of bowls and litter boxes to clean and dry! Help out in our dishroom during a morning shift.
- Our Community Spay/Neuter Clinic can used volunteers to assist with cleaning and wrapping surgical packs, filling supplies, and cleaning cages at the end of the day.
Please download the Volunteer Application (Part 1 and Part 2) below, fill out and return to: APF, 53 Maple Ave., Scotia, NY 12302 Attn: Denise Altobelli
If you are under 18 or have a child who would like to help the animals, please click here for information.
For Current Volunteers:
Click Button for Volunteer Login